Friday, April 18, 2008

Reflecting on T4G

This last week was a great encouragement and an enjoyable one for me. Together 4 the Gospel 08 was everything I had hoped... and more.

The Fellowship of fellow attenders and the challenge of the speakers has made me very excited to return home to my ministry. As I prepare to preach on Mark 16 this weekend, I am bringing forward with me the call to clarity and to place the passage in its theological context.

As I worked on translating the passage this week, I found a quiet nook in the Southern Baptist Seminary Library. There I sat successful working through the text when suddenly voices got animated and people crowded around me. Since I was pretty sure it was not to check out my parsing, I wondered what it could be.

Looking up, I beheld, the big guys had walked in, and about 5 feet from me Mark Dever, CJ and Ligon Duncan were trying to look at some books surrounded by a crowd of admirers!

Well, that ended the study session for me, as I of course joined the crowd of admirers :)

And now back to work deciding on how much to speak about the drinking of poison, handling snakes and textual criticism...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Au contraire. It was the big guys coming in for the very purpose of checking out your parsing.

Unknown said...

Now the task before us is to read all of the free books!
...first paragraph,then second,...now third...

Anonymous said...

Word Holmes, how did the snake handling go?

Chad said...

I've finished several now!

Anonymous said...

Chad's a Bible nerd... always has been... always will! Praise God.